Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Time has FLOWN and so have I

Well, here we are in 2013. How did that happen? Somehow or other I've now spent over a year in this 'temporary' flat in London, working at my 'temporary' job. Reading through my last post, I had just landed this room in a my flat...the very room that I am advertising on Gumtree as we speak. Yes, after a good year and 4 months in the big smoke I've finally come to my senses and am escaping. 

Don't get me wrong - London is awesome. Its got everything you'd ever need and is so close to everywhere you'd want to go, but it's also got the longest, darkest winters that don't sit too well with this pasty sun seeker....so (while I pause to blow my nose) let me try and fill you in on the last year....Hmmmm....

Sept - Oct - I tried my hand at recruitment at the teaching agency that I now have my teaching job through. Epic fail. I am not the sales-person-perky I thought I could be. 

Oct - I landed a long term role at the school that I am still at - Gateway Primary School, near Marylebone north west London....I've been there since and am still loving it. It's a share teaching role so it's very social and I'm learning loads (heaps) and making lots of new friends. 

Dec - Went to Belgium before Xmas with Sam, Kate and a bunch of Milton crew. Spent time with Waffles family and then a few days by myself exploring Brussels and Bruge. Beautiful place.

April - Easter holidays called me to the Scilly Isles on the bottom of Cornwall for a spot of organic farming and working in a cafe. Lovely break from the city with the Morton family. Jamie met me in Penzanze for the last night and day at a shoddy youth hostel and we explored the seaside town.

Along the way-  Jamie and I have explored a few sea side towns - Southend-on-Sea, Bournemouth, Brighton...we like our little day trips and the port towns of England are lovely. 

August - Jamie and I headed to Eastern Europe and hitchhiked through Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania. The Guca trumpet festival in Serbia was an amazing experience, while workawaying in an 'eco-hostel' on a mountain in Bulgaria with a crazy Scots woman was an altogether different experience. 
Hitch hiking was hilarious as we met up with a variety of Turkish truck drivers, and Bulgarian 'mafia'. It got harder when we neared Romania and we chose the bus options for a couple of leagues. 

Sept - back to work. Still trying to decide whether I'd be heading to South America for Bartleys wedding.

Dec - Decision made. Flights booked. Boss told. South America countdown is on.....and we head away for Ski Fest Xmas in Risoul France! So much fun, so many bruises on my bum from failed snow boarding....only downer was stolen camera on last night....still got fingers crossed that insurance covers that!!

...and here we are back in January. I'm sure I've missed something in there. I have 5 weeks to go in London. I want to get in one more theatre show, a day trip to Stonehenge, and a few good shindigs....before getting my pack on and spending two months in South America with Bartley and friends!! Yeow!!

2013 - be as amazing as 2012, and we'll be good mates x

1 comment:

  1. OMG - you finally remembered your password and posted.... please do so more often... Miss you....

    ReplyDelete